Renault Security Gateway Function is workable on most Autel scan tools now: covering diagnostic and IMMO series such as Autel Maxisys Ultra, MS906 Pro, MaxilM IM508, etc.
Q1: What is Security Gateway Function?
A1: Security Gateway Function is used for unlocking the gateway that is in security mode.
Q2: Why it needs the Renault Security Gateway function?
A2: Because when the gateway is in security mode, the command for some functions such as service function, active test, coding, and programming will be blocked by the security gateway, thus there will be no response to the command, therefore it needs the Renault Security Gateway function to unlock security gateway to perform those functions.
Q3: What model can support Renault Security Gateway?
A3: MX808,MX808S,MK808,MK808S/MK808Z,MK808BT,MK808BT Pro,MK808Z-BT,MX808TS,MX808S-TS,MK808TS,MK808S-TS,MK808Z-TS,DS808(K),MP808,MP808S,DS808TS,DS808S-TS,MP808TS,MP808S-TS,MP808Z-TS,MP808BT,MP808BT Pro, MS906,MS906S,MS906TS,MS906BT,MS906 Pro,MS906 PRO-TS,MK906 Pro, MK906S Pro,MK906 Pro-TS,MK906S Pro-TS,MS908,MS908 Pro,MS908S,MS908S Pro,MS908S II, MS908S Pro II, MK908,MK908P, MK908 II, MK908 Pro II, MaxiSys Elite, MaxiSys Elite II, MS909,MS919,Ultra,Ultra Lite, Ultra Lite S.
Q4: What vehicle model of Renault Autel can support access with Security Gateway Function?
A4: The supported vehicle models are those below:
CLIO V, CAPTUR II, CAPTUR II CN, MEGANE IV ph2, ESPACE V ph2, TALISMAN/SM6 ph2, NEW ZOE, ARKANA CN, XM3/NEW ARKANA, NEW SANDERO/LOGAN, MEGANE IV SEDAN ph2 (Vehicle year should probably be after 2019);
Q5: What condition needs to meet to support Renault Security Gateway function?
A5: The device model and Renault software version should be those mentioned in the 3rd question, and the vehicle should be those mentioned in the 4th question.
Q6: How to purchase Renault Security Gateway function?
A6: Renault Security Gateway function can be purchased as per usage times. There are 3 methods to purchase it:
1. Read the Renault vehicle by auto scan or manual selection from Diagnostic or Service, after that, there will be a pop-up for the customer to purchase the Renault Security Gateway function if there is no available usage times.
2. Read Renault vehicle by auto scan or manual selection from Diagnostic or Service, and if the Renault Security Gateway function is available for the vehicle, there will be an OEM Authorization icon on the diagnostics toolbar at the top of the interface, then the customer can click this icon to purchase the function.
3. If the Renault Security Gateway function has been purchased before, then the customer can go to OEM Authorization on MaxiSys Job Menu to renew the subscription.
Q7: How to use the Renault Security Gateway function?
1. Go to Diagnostic or Service;
2. Read Renault vehicles by auto scan or manual selection;
3. Click Unlock (If the function is not purchased yet, then there will be a pop-up and it needs to purchase the function as the pop-up indicates).
4. Click OK when the device shows Unlock successfully, which means the security gateway is unlocked successfully.
Q8: Where is the OEM Authorization icon?
1. There is an OEM Authorization icon on MaxiSys Job Menu;
2. There is also an OEM Authorization icon on the diagnostics toolbar on the top of the interface after reading the vehicle and if OEM Authorization is available for the vehicle,
Q9: What is OEM Authorization used for?
1. the OEM Authorization app can be used to check the account, the rest of the available times that can be used, the active OEM authorization period, etc. for a certain vehicle’s OEM authorization.
2. It can also be used to renew the subscription of OEM authorization.
Note: If the device has not purchased any Security Gateway function, it will show a blank page when entering OEM authorization.